Articles of Faith of Messianic Ministries
We believe in:
1. The Eternal GODHEAD
2. The LORD JESUS CHRIST
3. The HOLY SPIRIT
4. The Holy Scriptures
5. The personality of the devil
6. The Fall of Man
7. The Atonement
8. Repentance, Justification & Salvation of Man
9. The Church
10. Water Baptism
11. The LORD's Supper
13. Baptism in The HOLY SPIRIT
14. The Gifts of The HOLY SPIRIT
15. Divine Healing
16. Tithes and Offering
17. The Rapture
18. The Millenium
19. The Punishment of the Wicked
20. The New Heavens and the New Earth
Statement of Faith
ARTICLES OF FAITH OF MESSIANIC MINISTRIES INC.
Preamble: The Holy Scriptures, known as the Bible are the inspired Word of God and our all sufficient rule for faith and practice.
These ARTICLES OF FAITH of MESSIANIC MINISTRIES, grounded in these Scriptures, are given as a basis for belief, fellowship and ministry "that we all preach the same thing" (1 Cor 1:10). Let it be remembered, however, that this is not given as a summary of the complete revelation of biblical truth, only that it covers our present needs as to these fundamental doctrines.
1. THE ETERNAL GODHEAD: WE BELIEVE in the unity of the true and living God who is the eternal, self-existent one, who has revealed Himself as one being in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and who is the Creator and preserver of things visible and invisible - Deut 6:4, Mk 12:29; Matt 28:19; Gen 1:1; Ps 86:9-10; Isa 43:10-11; Jn 1:1-3.
2. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: WE BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ, the second person of the triune Godhead, who was and is the eternal Son of God; that He became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and was born of the virgin Mary.
WE BELIEVE in His sinless life, miraculous ministry, substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, glorious ascension, and abiding intercession - Isa 7:14; Matt 1:23; Heb 7:26; 1 Pet 2:22; Acts 2:22; 10:38; 2 Cor 5:21; Heb 9:12; Lk 24:39; 1 Cor 15:4; Acts 1:9; Eph 4:8-10; Rom 8:34; Heb 7:25.
3. THE HOLY SPIRIT: WE BELIEVE in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the triune Godhead, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, and is ever present and active in the work of convicting and regenerating the sinner, and sanctifying and guiding the believer into all truth - Jn 14:26; Jn 16:8- 11; 1 Pet 1 :2; Rom 8:14.
4. THE HOLY SCRIPTURES: WE BELIEVE in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, namely the Old and New Testaments in their original writings. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God. and is infallible, inherently revealing the will of God concerning us all in all things necessary to our salvation, and is absolutely supreme and sufficient in authority in all matters of faith and conduct. The Bible does not simply contain the Word of God, but is, in reality, the complete revelation and very Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, so that whatever is not contained therein is not to be enjoined as an article of faith - Matt 5:17,18; 24:35; Jn 4:39; 2 Tim 3:16,17; 2 Pet 1:19-21.
5. THE DEVIL: WE BELIEVE in the personality of the devil, who, by his influence, brought about the downfall of man, and now seeks to destroy the faith of every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ - Gen 3:1-15; Matt 4:1-11; Lk 4:1-13; Jam 4:7; 1 Pet 5:8; Jn 13:2.
6. THE FALL OF MAN: WE BELIEVE that man was created by God by specific immediate act and in His image and likeness, morally upright and perfect, but fell by voluntary transgression. Consequently, all men are separated from original righteousness, being depraved and without spiritual life, ie, "all men have sinned and come short of the glory of God"; and are subject to eternal punishment; and need repentance and regeneration - Gen 1:2S31; Gen 3:1-19; Isa 53;6; Rom 5:12-21.
7. THE ATONEMENT: WE BELIEVE that God's answer to man's sinful state is in the death of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ upon the cross, whose sufferings and shed blood have made full atonement for the sins of the whole world, both original and actual, and that there is no other ground for salvation. That is, Jesus Christ is the only Saviour of man because of His Deity, virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, Resurrection and Ascension; His abiding intercession and Second coming - Jn 8:46; Jn 14:30; Acts 2:26; Rm 3:25; 2 Cor 5:18-21; Gal 1:4; Eph 1:7; Phil 2:9-11; Col 1:14-15; 1Thess 4:16-17; Heb 9:25,26; 1 Pet 1:19,20; Rev 22:20.
8. REPENTANCE, JUSTIFICATION, SANTIFICATION AND SALVATION OF MAN: WE BELIEVE all men have to repent of their sinful nature, confess their sins before God and believe on the vicarious death of Christ Jesus before they can be justified before God and receive salvation. This experience is also known as the new birth and is an instantaneous and complete operation of the Holy Spirit whereupon the believing sinner is regenerated, justified, and adopted into the family of God and becomes a new creation in Christ Jesus, and heir of eternal life -Luke 15:7; Acts 2:38; Rm 4:25; Rm 5:16; 1Cor 1;30; 1Thess 4.30; Tit 2:11; 3:5-7; 1 Pet 1 :23; 1 Jn 5:1).
9. THE CHURCH: WE BELIEVE the Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her Great Commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the General Assembly and Church of the First-born which are written in heaven - (Eph 1 :22,23; 2:22; Heb 12:23).
10. WATER BAPTISM: WE BELIEVE that baptism, by single immersion, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, is enjoined upon all who have repented and have believed in Christ as Saviour and Lord, and that it is symbolic of our identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection - Matt 28:19,20; Acts 10:47,48; 2:38,39; Rom 6:4,5; Col. 2:12; Mk 16:16.
11. THE LORD'S SUPPER: WE BELIEVE the Lord's Supper, consisting of the elements of bread and the fruit of the vine, is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Pet 1:4); a memorial of His sufferings and death (1 Cor 11:26); and a prophecy of His second coming (1 Cor 11 :26), and is enjoined upon all believers "until He comes"- Lk 22:15-20; Matt 26:26-28; Acts 20:7.
12. SANCTIFICATION: Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil and of dedication unto God. WE BELIEVE it is the glorious provision for every believer in Christ to be made pure in heart and wholly sanctified, through the operation of the Holy Spirit, by the blood of Jesus and the Word of God - Jn 17:15-19; Acts 15:8,9; 1 Thess 4:3,4; Heb 2:11; 1 Thess 5:23,24; Heb 10:1S19; Rom 12:1,2.
13. THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT: WE BELIEVE that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is the bestowing of the believer with power to be an effective witness for Christ. This experience is distinct from, and subsequent to, the New Birth; is received by faith, and is accompanied by the manifestation of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, as the initial evidence - Lk 24:49; Acts 1:4,5,8; Acts 2:14; 8:15-19; 11:1617; 19:1-7.
14. GIFTS: WE BELIEVE in the present day operation of the nine supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit, as recorded in 1 Cor. 12. We also believe in the ministry gifts of Christ, as recorded in Eph 4:11-13.
15. DIVINE HEALING: In accordance with the teachings of the Scriptures, we trust our heavenly Father to protect and heal our bodies from sickness and disease. WE BELIEVE that divine healing for the body, as with all redemptive blessings of God, has been provided for us by the atoning death and victorious resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ; it is the privilege of all believers and it is appropriated by faith in our heavenly Father's unfailing promises - Ex 15:26; Isa 53:4; Matt 8:16,17; 1 Pet 2:24; Ps 103:3; Jam 5:14,15; Mk 16:17,18.
16. TITHES AND OFFERINGS: WE BELIEVE that the Bible clearly teaches believers to tithe their income unto the Lord and free will offerings made to the cause of carrying forward the Kingdom of God. That God always blesses a cheerful giver -Mal 3:10; Lk 6:38; Acts 20:35; Heb 7:1-4
17. THE RAPTURE: WE BELIEVE in the pre-millennial, imminent and personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ to gather His people unto Himself in the Rapture. The dead in Christ shall be raised in glorified bodies, and those living in holiness shall be transformed into glorified bodies without tasting death and get caught up in the air with the Lord JESUS. Having this glorious hope and earnest expectation, we purify ourselves, even as He is pure, so that we may be ready to meet Him when He comes - Jn 14:1-3; Jam 5:7,8; Tit 2:13; 1 Thess. 4:15-17; 2 Thess, 2:1; 1 Jn 2:28; 3:2,3.
18. THE MILLENNIUM: WE BELIEVE in the return of the Lord Jesus Christ to set up His millennial reign on this earth-Zech 14:5; Dan7:22; Rev5:9,10; Ps96:10-13; Ps 11; Rev 20:1-10.
19. THE PUNISHMENT OF THE WICKED: WE BELIEVE in the everlasting punishment of the wicked (in the sense of eternal torment) who willfully reject and despise the love of God manifested in the great sacrifice of His only Son upon the cross of their salvation Matt. 25:46; 13:49,50, Lk 1:47,48, 2 Thess. 1:8,9; Rom. 6:23; Rev. 20:11-15. We believe that the devil and his angels and whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life shall be consigned to everlasting punishment in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death - Rev. 19:20;
20. THE NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH: We, according to His promise, look for "new heavens and a new earth wherein dwells righteousness" - 2 Pet 3:13; Rev. 2 1 -22.